If you have working KMS server and it works on Windows Server 2012 R2, then it is possible to activate Windows Server 2019 and Windows 10 v1809 LTSC clients with it.
If you are receiving error 0xC004F042, then continue reading.
To configure KMS server follow these steps:
- Install latest cumulative updates on KMS server.
- Get the correct KMS key, it is called Windows Srv 2019 DataCtr/Std KMS, and you can find it in volume licensing portal:
- Install the product key as usual
- Open eleveted command prompt
- Run slmgr.vbs /ipk your product key to install the key
- Run slmgr.vbs /ato to activate the server
- If your KMS server happens to be disconnected from the Internet, then you also need to install Volume Activation Services Windows Server role and activate the server over the phone, follow this article https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askcore/2013/03/14/installing-volume-activation-services-role-in-windows-server-2012-to-setup-a--host/