A few days ago I faced interesting issue with SCCM client installation in internet-based client management (IBCM) setup.
It was working fine, but somehow new client installations did not complete successfully. SCCM client installed successfully, but could not register.
So I opened ClientIDManagerStartup.log on client and saw following error
RegTask: Failed to refresh site code. Error: 0x8000ffff
After some troubleshooting, we found that Certificate Authority CA certificate recently was renewed and this caused issues because Management Point was still using certificate which was issued before CA certificate was renewed and client certificate was issued after CA certificate renewal.
The root cause of this was that Authority Information Access (AIA) was not configured correctly - it had not been published it internet.
We changed AIA configuration, reissued certificates and clients could register to SCCM again.